Like the Dexcom G5® Continuous Glucose Monitoring System, the Dexcom G6 is a fully mobile CGM system featuring customizable alerts and the ability to share glucose data with up to 5 loved ones.
New features of the Dexcom G6 include:
- No calibration required – No need to calibrate with a blood glucose meter, eliminating the need for fingersticks.*
- Longest useful-life sensor§,1-3 – Approved for up to 10 days of use.
- Acetaminophen-blocking* – The Dexcom G6 sensor prevents clinically significant interference from acetaminophen.4
- Slim wearable profile – The profile of the combined sensor and transmitter is 28% smaller1 than the Dexcom G5® Mobile CGM System's profile, allowing for more discretion and easier wearability.
- Simple sensor insertion with an auto applicator1 – One-button push insertion.
- Urgent Low Soon Alert – Patients can receive a 20-minute advance warning of a severe potential hypoglycemic event (55 mg/dL).
- Two alert schedules – Alerts can be customized for two periods of time within 24 hours (e.g., day and night schedules).